We respect your privacy, and will not distribute participant information without your permission (except in response to verified requests from law enforcement or emergency services)
You control what information you provide. You choose whether to reveal your home address and/or destination address. A contact phone number for public release is required so participants who don’t have e-mail can contact you, but you choose which one. This can be either your work or home phone number. When your name appears on a matchlist, all we display is the information you choose to be displayed.
The information you provide during registration is used solely for ride matching purposes. E-mail addresses and or personal information, will not be used for any other purpose.
Security Features and Suggestions:
Valleyrides.com has several security features and suggestions for the benefit of its users, but responsibility for safety rests with the user alone.
- You must be 18 years old to use the ridematching and carpool program services
- Keep in mind that there are crazies out there. Don’t travel with someone you don’t trust. By using this service you agree that Fresno Council of Governments (Fresno COG) is not responsible for your personal safety, comforts, or successful travel arrangements
- Postings and e-mail to members using this service must be polite in tone
- In order to better serve our user community, correspondence through this site may be monitored
- These Terms of Service may be modified at any time without notice (except that we will never distribute member information for commercial purposes).
- The user agrees to observe updates and amendments to these Terms of Service as a condition for continued use of this web site.
- The only address information that is required is the nearest cross street. When your name appears on a matchlist, all that is displayed is the information you choose to provide.